Pages

Wednesday, July 22, 2015

H a w a i i


The updates continue!
Back in May we journeyed to the big island for a wedding. 

We rented this house on the Kohala Coast with some friends. 
We had great views from our wraparound porch (see photos above) 
and short drives to great beaches (Mauna Kea Beach, Hapuna Beach). 
We also discovered Kohala Burger and Taco nearby 
and I would be lying if I said I only went one time. 

I am not normally one to go out sunbathing here in Seattle, 
but I LOVE spending time on the beach in Hawaii. 
It is so nice to relax in the heat and then swim in the water, repeat. 

 
The wedding we went to was at Puakea Ranch, which was gorgeous. 
The bride is Hawaiian so the favors were her father's collected flaky sea salt 
and her mother's homemade passion fruit jam, picked fresh from her backyard. 

We did a hike down into Polulu Valley which was beautiful. 

We drove across the island (amazing experience!) 
in order to spend our last night at Volcanoes National Park. 
It is amazing how many micro-climates there are on this island.
We stayed in the Volcano House inside the park 
which meant we had a view from our room of the lava lake glowing. 
He hiked out to the crater overlook that night and had quite the show.

On our last day we stopped at Punalu'u Bake Shop for 
delicious donuts (guava, taro, and passion fruit glaze!)

One thing I loved about the big island was how spread out everything is, 
so it did not feel crowded and touristy. We were able to have plenty of space 
to relax on the beaches and swim. I will be back! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...